Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Come on, Baby don't you want to go...

I've officially come to terms with the fact that I will not be living in Colorado just yet. And you know what? I'm kind of okay with it. I really missed my family these past 2 weeks. I've never visited Colorado without them, and it just didn't feel the same. I usually get alot of hikes in, or sight-seeing, or skiing. Not this time. This was such a "work-work-work" trip. I guess it kind of gave me the feel of what it would be like living out here on my own, and I just don't think I'm ready for it. I love the vacation part of Colorado. I don't think I'll be ready to officially live out here until I can REALLY make a living for myself. I was so limited these past couple weeks because I just didn't know where I was going (figuratively, not literally...I did have an awesome GPS!) This next year I just need to buckle down, focus on my career and furthering my education, save up alot, and next summer I can reevaluate if I'm set to really be on my own in Colorado - to have a stable job AND enjoy the mountains I love so much with some fresh powder beneath my skis. :)

Until then, I need to figure out what I'm going to do about shopping. Now that I'm making good money, I am going to be very tempted to hit up the mall more often. No bueno! I was on bananarepublic.com, which has the cutest clothes ever, and before I knew it, I had a shopping cart so full of cardigans and dresses that the pages were taking too long to load. Yikes! Good thing I stopped myself before pushing "Check Out..."

Next week is the big 23, and I plan to do some retail therapy then. Maybe in the greatest city on earth...Sweet Home CHICAGO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment