Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Graduate is Moving Forward!

Following my brother's college graduation yesterday, I got to thinking about moving forward.

There were times in life where I've felt "stuck" (i.e. read some very recent blog entries. ha!), and there were a few times here or there where I actually went backwards a bit. But today, it really hit me as to how far foward I've moved.  I've made big mistakes, I've hurt people I never intended to, I've made decisions that led to negativity, I've been selfish and not took others viewpoints into account, I've been stuck in a moment and refused to accept that things must change, I've been hurt badly and had my heart broken...yes, I could go on with all the things that took me back a few steps in life. But I've learned. Oh, how I've learned.

It's crazy how this obstacle course of my life has gone so far. Yet, here I am. I was blessed with a job out of college, I am blessed with a wonderfully supportive family, I am blessed with friends that stick by my side no matter what, I am blessed with a place to call home; I am truly blessed.

Somehow, when I took a few steps back in life, I would follow it with even more steps forward.
Somehow, I became a person of strength, endurance and perseverance.
Somehow, things are exactly where they're supposed to be in life, and yet I know things are still going to get even better in the future.

I know my brother has big things in store for him, and I know he's also had a rocky road to get to where he is now. I hope that he continues to move forward, and always remembers his humble beginnings.

Congrats, Zach!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment