Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sedona Getaway!

My first full year of teaching is complete! To celebrate, my wonderful friend/cousin's wife/adopted big sister, Erin, planned a little Sedona getaway for the two of us and it was amazeballs!!! I'll share our vacation through the wonder of Instagram.

Pulling into Sedona immediately put me at peace...


As soon as we checked into our hotel, we of course had to window shop!

We found fancy sunglasses...


And gypsy bras...


And mustache's...which I quickly learned that if I ever grew a mustache, I'd look like a spitting image of my dad. Scary!


Erin did buy a new hat, and it looks fab on her ...


And we bought matching "hope" bracelets. We both are working on a lot of hope in our lives right now...


Then we went for a mini-wine tasting...


And topped it off with delicious pink coctails at the Cowboy Corral (pretty sure we were the only ones at the bar with pink drinks, but we rocked it)...



We tried to go to dinner at the Elota Cafe, but they were closed :(

So we took a picture in the parking lot instead...


We ended up going to The Tlaquepaque (pronounced Tah-lock-ah-pock-ee), which we just walked around saying how nice it was to be at the Talackalacklackalacka (pronounced Tah-lock-ah-lock-ah-lock-ah-lock-ah).

It truly is beautiful there...


We walked around with our drinks, even though we weren't really allowed to. So the bartender kept his eyes on us...


We ate a delicious Mexican meal, and headed back to the Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa to do some hot tubbing and further drinking, where we put our new toys to use: silly straw glasses. Greatest picture of my existence...


The next morning, we woke up, had a yummy breakfast, and started our relaxation and detox by massages and hot tubbing at the spa...


It was pure bliss. Total relaxation and relief of stress. I was in heaven.

After checking out of the awesome Sedona Rouge, we went on a little search for enlightenment...


This path led to the Stupa, which is a Buddhist prayer center tucked away in the Sedona mountains. Erin and I are devout Catholics, but with all the struggles in life lately, a little extra prayer can't hurt, right? It truly was peaceful and made us focused on our prayers for hope...


We walked around a few times, saying our prayers, took some pictures of the little Buddha...


And then discovered this little guy as we were leaving. I like him... :)


We ended our trip with (of course) some delicious food. I love me some burgers and guacamole!


It was the most perfect little getaway. I have the greatest friend/cousin's wife/adopted big sister ever. She knows how to let go and live life. I have learned a lot from her for that. I cannot wait until my next little adventure with her. And I can't wait to visit Sedona again!

xoxo


p.s. If anyone can figure out who the heck Karl Jones is, and why on earth he is banned from the Stupa, I'll bake you some cookies :)

5 comments:

  1. just catching up on your blog posts. Cracking up at the Karl Jones reference...seriously..we need to know what he did!!! :)

    What a fun weekend we had!! Lots of fun memories made indeed. Can't wait until our next adventure! love you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorje Dradul (Penor Rinpoches Irish student)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you guys still care, I know the KJ answer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we would love to know the answer!! Please share! :)

      Delete
  4. So he's a musician from Ireland that lives here. He was once married to the woman that started the stupa. Some Hindu priestess kind of person. Apparently, they went a little crazy during the divorce and she put a restraining order against him so he could not go near her nor the Stupa. What's funny is that he and his current girlfriend live right next to the stupa and he sneaks in pretty regularly.

    ReplyDelete