Tuesday, June 19, 2012

G.I. Jane(t)

My mom decided to not wait until the chemotherapy took her hair. She decided to be in control. She knew she was going to lose it anyways, as the A/C drug causes hair loss in every person that has done that therapy. She knows that cancer does not define her, it does not control her life, it does not take away her happiness, hope, faith, strength, or will to live a full life. She knows that it didn't take her breast either. It took over her breast, but it was HER choice to take away the breast. Not cancer's.

My mom knows that cancer is not in control. She knows that God is in control, and here on earth, she has the means and tools to carry out God's plan, which is to never let evil win.

So here we are, just our little family of 4, gathering together to take control, and support our very own G.I. Janet.

I could explain the "shaving event," but my mom did it oh so perfectly and beautifully on her own blog. So please click HERE to read it.

I truly, honestly believe that she looks way sexier without hair (is that inappropriate to say of my mother? Too bad, it's true.) I think she looks tough. So badass. She beat cancer to the punch with this one. Remember that G.I. Jane movie with Demi Moore? The one where she just kicks guys asses? Well, in my real world, cancer is the guys in that movie, and my mom, Janet, is G.I. Jane. I call her that and she rolls her eyes at me. Oh well, I love her, and I love her new look, not only because it shows her immense strength, but because it shows that the chemo is working, and she is closer to defeating cancer.

We will conquer cancer. We will kick it's ass. We will continue to surround our G.I. Janet with love and prayer. We will continue to do good, because despite all the bad going on in life, it's the GOOD that will prevail. And our G.I. Janet is good. So so good. :)

So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.  ~1 Peter 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment