Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sibling Weekend 2013

So I had this saved as a draft to post on March 1...and never clicked "Publish"! I'm such a bad blogger.

Back in February, my brother came to visit me for a weekend. It was our first annual "sibling weekend extravaganza." Extravaganza it was not, but Zach is one of the most chilled-out guys you will ever meet, so it was perfect for us. :)

When he flew in on a Friday night, he was actually sick! Poor guy. He was determined to have fun though. We stopped and got tons of meds, gatorade, and comfort/healthy food to nurse him back to health ASAP!

Saturday morning, we slept in a little bit and when he was feeling up for it, we went for a hike at Dreamy Draw park. I love this park because there are so many different trails to wander off on. Zach likes it more quiet and off-the-beaten-path (and I don't really care as long as I'm on a mountain), so we managed to get ourselves a little lost and loved it!



Saturday night, we went and saw Silver Linings Playbook at the Studio Movie Grill - which I am obsessed with both that movie and that theater!

Sunday morning we went for another hike, this time to Pinnacle Peak. Probably one of my favorite hikes in the Valley area. It's nothing splendid, just a decently easy hike, with beautiful views.


We were pooped, so we napped and had a low-key dinner with my cousin and his wife that evening.

Monday we decided to do something a little different and horse-back ride! We had a private tour with a guide, and it was so much fun! Although, I think we're both glad that we chose to do a 1 hour only ride because sitting on a horse is really not that comfortable.


I really miss my brother, and am so blessed that we have a fantastic relationship with each other. I don't know what I would do without him! Looking forward to next years sibling weekend! Any suggestions where we should go?? :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment