Sunday, October 23, 2011

Arts and Crafts

The other social studies teacher and I at work basically planned a whole unit in one big workbook. So I now have way more free time than I'm used to during the school year. I'm starting to plan the next unit (which is in 3 weeks), but I still have time that I don't know what to do with!

It's been a mixture of getting more sleep, starting to work out again, becoming addicted to Pinterest, and most of all, getting all crafty with decorating in my apartment!!

I rearranged my living room, made some new floral bouqets for my dining room, and got a little festive for Halloween!! I decided to make a wreath for my front door. I used a foam ring, halloween themed fabric from JoAnn fabrics, wood cut-outs, and green sparkly paint.




It's no masterpiece, but for my first wreath-making attempt, I'm pretty happy with it! I just tied the strips of fabric around the foam ring, used two coats of glittery paint on the letters, and tied them on with fishing line. (They look a little crooked, maybe I should hot glue them on??)

Off to carve pumpkins! Happy fall!! :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment