Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Break R&R :)

What I love about teaching in AZ is that the schools get a week off in October for a fall break. Yes, you read that right: a WHOLE WEEK OFF! In the middle of fall! And it comes at the perfect time. A break was much much needed after several full 5-day weeks with the kiddos. Don't get me wrong, I love them, I have hope in them, but I do not trust them. They are so sneaky! I always have to be on my toes, ready for anything they throw my way (or try to throw the other way when I'm not looking...such as gum. gross!)

I also love Arizona, I really do. It's beautiful here, always sunny, palm trees AND mountains. But I miss weather changes. More than I thought I would. I miss waking up to thunder and pouring rain, and becoming grumpy that I need to remember an umbrella for the day. I miss sitting and looking out the window at snow quietly falling, feeling peaceful and warm and cozy. I miss the crisp fall air and the sound of leaves crunching under my feet.

Well, thanks to fall break, I got a little taste of a season change. I flew back home to Illinois and got to see some BEAUTIFUL fall weather. It was in the 70s! In October! That is insane for the midwest! It rained when I was home too. I was so happy!

I slept in every day, got out of my pajamas ONE day out of the six I was home, and did absolutely no work. None. It was heaven. I ventured out of the house only a couple of times (yes, several of them in pajamas - I have no shame when it comes to just wanting to be comfortable/lazy), and on one of my ventures out of the house, I actually stopped in the middle of the road while driving to snap this picture (don't worry, there were no cars around when I stopped)



The trees are starting to change colors, and it was just too pretty to not stop and take a picture. Thank you, Illinois for a great week of rest and relaxation...and a season change!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment