Sunday, January 2, 2011

Momma raised some ski bunnies!

"What are some of your gifts and talents?" "What is something you are passionate about?"

When I was in high school (and even middle school, and a few times in college) teachers, professors, advisors, my parents...would ask me those questions. On the spot, I had no idea how to answer. Some people can say they're passionate about a particular sport or hobby, some people can say they are gifted with a musical talent, or particular odd quality about themselves. Me, I've never felt that I ever had an awesome talent, or was extremely awesome at some sport or hobby. But as I grow older, I realize that there IS one thing that I am passionate about. And although I'm no olympian, I feel most comfortable SKIING!

The moment I pull up to the base of the moutain, strap my boots on, hear them click into my skis, and pull myself up to the lift with the help of my handy ski poles, I know I am at home. The mountain is where my heart is, and always will be.








The most xhilarating feeling in the world is breathing in fresh, thin mountain air while watching snowflakes slowly fall to the ground. I absolutely love Colorado during the Christmas time, and am so looking forward to my next winter in the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment