Friday, April 15, 2011

Refreshing Read!

I just finished an amazing book today. Now, I love reading, and very rarely do I find a book that I don't like. But every once in a while I find a book that hits just the right spot. War, love, determination, obstacles, success and failures, family (blood and the family you make by association), history, monarchy, religion, and the major questions of life that we all ask ourselves at some point. Ken Follet nailed it with his book The Pillars of the Earth.

It's a long book, and took me a while to get through, but there was not one page that didn't captivate my attention. I've never related more to characters in a book, nor felt the pain of their hardships and sorrows and rejoice with their successes and triumphs, than with this book.

This is a book I more than highly suggest. Prepare yourself for a book you just cannot put down, and find yourself scheduling time just for Prior Phillip, Tom Builder, Lady Aliena, and Jack Jackson, and waiting on pins and needles to see if William Hamleigh finally gets what he deserves.


side note: Showtime recently did an 8-peice mini-series of Pillars of the Earth. I'm actually not a fan. I'd suggest reading the book first. The series was totally different and did not do justice to the novel...yet Ken Follett did the mini-series as well!! Yikes.

1 comment: