Thursday, April 14, 2011

No more meat?!

Hello again, blog world. I somehow have over 100 views, which is shocking because I don't even know who reads this! And I've been absent a while. After my last post, track season began. I coach both boys and girls, so along with practices, splitting my time between the boys and girls meets, work, job hunting, etc...I sometimes wonder how I even have time to sleep (not much sleep, but a few hours has been sufficient enough for my crazy work weeks. On my weekends, I feel like all I do is laundry, clean, apply for more jobs, and do more laundry, and clean even more. Are you surprised to hear that I haven't done ANY shopping in the past few months (except for the basic necessities of bubble bath stuff and toothpaste...)

With every day feeling busier than the last, I have found myself gaining some weight. NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN! Aren't you supposed to gain weight around Thanksgiving/Christmas? Not Easter, right before bikini season!! I've been struggling with different ways to keep off the lb's, but I still find myself snacking way too much, and half-assing my workouts.

So, I've come up with a new plan. Something I've been reading into, watching blog videos on, and researching: I'm going to try the vegan lifestyle. Yup, you read that right. Do I plan on doing it for life? No. But I'm going to give it a try through the summer, and see how it goes. I've weighed the pros and cons, and it seems like the only cons are really that you don't eat certain foods that you might consider "comfort foods"...okay, so I'll miss my cheddar goldfish for a while. I'll miss fried chicken and tenderloins. I'll every once in a while have a craving for a big juicy cheddar bacon burger, and I'll miss ordering my eggs sunny-side up. (Okay, now I'm unbearably hungry!)

BUT...if I can start living this healthier lifestyle (with food that actually looks pretty darn tasty), then I'll be happier with myself. I'm not really loving the way my body looks and feels lately, so maybe I need a big change. This could fail miserably, or could be the start of a new and healthier me! So, here it goes...adios comfort food!


P.S. for the recipes I'm starting out with, you can visit this website: www.veganchef.com - some of these dishes actually look amazing, and I'm very excited to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment