Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Colors of Summer

If you know me, this won't come as much of a surprise: I'm paranoid/obsessed with my nails being painted. I love getting a mani/pedi, but that can get quite pricey to keep up with. So over the years, I've become quite the pro at painting my own nails. I give my Nanna a pedi every once in a while, my mom constantly bugs me for a mani/pedi, and I've even given my godmother her first french manicure for a wedding!

I usually stick with neutral (white/black) colors or reds/pinks. But occasionally I like to throw a little fun color on. Summer is the perfect time to go bold!! My favorite colors for summer are....

O.P.I.'s Isn't that Precious?

essie's Status Symbol

essie's Fishnet Stockings

And one other OPI hot bold pink color that I actually purchased from the salon after getting it painted on my toes - the sticker had been ripped off though, so I don't know the name of it and can't find it anywhere else!

The colors look a tad different in these pictures than they actually look painted on, so I took the liberty of painting one nail each to show you :)


On my pinky finger is the color that I can't seem to find anywhere else! My ring finger is essie's Fishnet Stockings (clearly a more bold red than in the official photo!), my middle finger is essie's Status Symbol, and my pointer finger is OPI's Isn't that Precious?


Now, for my toes! I've noticed that purples and blues are starting to be a big color to get - and I admit, I was hesitant at first. I thought I was too old to pull a funky color like those off. But, recently at a spa day, I became ballsy, and chose this purple:

O.P.I.'s Rumples Wiggin'
And here it is on my toes! :)


Love the summer time, and love all the fun colors I get to paint my nails that match my bright colored bikinis :)


xoxo

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that last color! Rumples Wiggin!!! I must try it out! xo

    ReplyDelete